Sunday, February 27, 2011

NEW Sale! Emerald Dungeon


I love making blogging posts to announce a new sale. I just signed a contract with Ellora's Cave for a new book: Emerald Dungeon. It'll be my first story in the Taboo line and it's part of the 1-800-DOM-help author series. This story started out titled Pleasure Dungeon and was changed. I love the current title much better.

Emerald Dungeon fits the story well since it takes place in Ireland in a 500 year old castle. A woman from the States gets a summer job as a harpist in a medieval dinner show. But there's more going on at this castle after hours and Dana the heroine begins a sexual journey into the lifestyle of BDSM exploring her submissive side with a hunky Irishman who's a Dom. There's a light paranormal element running through the story too. This is part of the 1-800-DOM-help author series so a mysterious business card shows up and once Dana tries calling, the Operator offers assistance. Will she find what she needs to make a major life decision? And will she discover what's going on in the forest behind her cottage?

Check back for sneak peak excerpts and news of the release date soon.


Blurb: Dana Brennan’s summer job as a musician in an Irish castle takes an adventurous turn after she witnesses a BDSM scene in the dungeon. Aroused and confused by her own sexually submissive desires, she seeks out a mentor who’ll teach her the ways of pleasure and pain.


Jack Murray is a sexy Dominant who recognizes the sub smoldering beneath the demure exterior. Under his skillful commands, he takes Dana beyond her darkest erotic fantasies.

Through bondage and submission with whips, restraints and increasing levels of pain, Dana approaches intense heightened ecstasy, but complete surrender is out of her reach. She knows she’ll return to the states soon, and resists the love building between them. Secrets and strange events around the castle only add to their troubles. The appearance of a mysterious 1-800-DOM-help business card offers to guide them. If she can accept Jack with complete trust and surrender, then ultimate pleasure and true love is possible.

Del Dryden, http://www.delphinedryden.com/ ,an EC author and one of the 1-800-DOM-help authors is making up a fabulous book trailer for me. I can't wait to show you. Once I get the book cover she should have it finished.
 
A few of my books have had some BDSM elements. This is my first complete D/s (dominant/submissive) story. While the hero and heroine are exploring this alternative lifestyle, there's a deep developing romance and a HEA ending. Have you read many BDSM stories? What do you like, don't like? What give you the squik factor in these stories?

6 comments:

Harlie Williams said...

Actually I'm one of those readers that likes the BDSM elements in a story but can't get past the whole "pain" factor in them. And even after researching the "collar" ritual, I don't get that either. Someone once told me that they reason why I don't understand or get that aspect of it is because I'm more dominant than submissive. I love the series 1-800-Dom-help.

Can't wait to see the cover. I love stories that are set in Ireland.

Nina Pierce said...

Kathy I had to stop over because the first BDSM story I wrote took me by surprise. Though it's not part of the EC's 1-800 series, it does take place at an hedonistic resort and has what I consider "gentle" BDSM. It was so much fun to write, I'm working on the sequel. I really enjoy finding out what readers like and dislike about this genre. The whole thing fascinates me. (And your story sounds wonderful. I'll be looking for it.)

Kathy Kulig said...

Hi Harlie, there are many different aspects to a BDSM relationship. Some can be more intense than others. Even if it's not your kink, these books are fascinating to read. I'm learning more and more with each book I read--fiction and non-fiction.

Kathy Kulig said...

Hi Nina, Thanks for stopping by. It fascinates me too. Though I had to spend a fair amount of time researching. The dynamics in a BDSM relationship with the control and trust issues are great to play off of for conflict but tricky to blend into a story. I'm still learning. I did enjoy writing this story. I love the characters. One is more experienced, the other is not. Good set up for troubles from the start. :) And I loved the setting: Romantic and mysterious, an Irish castle.

Regina Carlysle said...

YAY!!!! Another great book. Can't wait to see the cover, Kathy.

Kathy Kulig said...

Hi Regina,
Thanks. I know it's like waiting to open Christmas presents. :)