Monday, December 24, 2012

Whew! What a Wild, Wonderful Year...

88101736430077059_wsq7avn7_c_large

Happy Holidays! Warm wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season, hoping that all good things come your way in 2013 for you, your family and friends.
I had to share a couple Youtube videos for your holiday fun. Enjoy your celebrations.

Bing Crosby & David Bowie - The Little Drummer Boy



And one more: Adam Sandler and the Hanukkah song



Thinking back on 2012, I decided it was such a good year, I'd like to do a repeat. So many awesome things happened this year. I have to thank the amazing support of my readers, friends and family, the Ellora’s Cave staff and all those in the publishing world who make my career possible. I have a deep passion (aka obsession) to write, and I love when I hear from readers, especially when they tell me how much they've enjoyed my work. It's very much appreciated.

I hit a couple milestones in my career this year. I was fortunate to be included in an anthology with mega star authors Laurann Dohner,  Jaid Black and Desiree Holt that hit the Amazon Best Sellers list. Something Wicked This Way Comes, Vol. I, with my story Tattoo Witch. A huge thank you to Jaid Black for accepting my story and her editing expertise. The book still continues to sell very well.

I completed my first erotic paranormal series: Demons in Exile with the third book of the series, Damned and Defiant. And began another erotic contemporary series titled TropiX with Spring Break. Spring Break was released this year and later was included in a popular anthology with authors Ruby Storm and Virginia Cavanaugh titled Work andPlay. This anthology SOLD OUT at the RomantiCon convention last October! That never happened to me before.

I hope to get to more conferences next year, but RomantiCon is one conference I haven't missed yet. It's so much FUN. It was one of the highlights of the year and a conference I always look forward to. Ellora’s Cave authors and staff are the nicest people. At the last RomantiCon, I participated in three workshop/panels: One on BDSM with the amazing and talented Joey W. Hill, another BDSM panel with authors from the 1-800-Dom-help series and a paranormal panel. I love the energy from these workshops and talking with readers and other authors. And I had the opportunity to make many new friends.

That is the best part of being a writer: all the friends I’ve made.

Secret Soiree, a contemporary erotic romance Quickie continues to sell like crazy. Sometimes it difficult for an author (and publisher) to tell what will work and what won’t. So authors and publishers have to try different things. I’m planning more stories along this line next year. All stand-alone and short.

Many readers have asked for more stories like Dragon Witch, my erotic Sci Fi romance. I do have a sequel in mind for that book. That’s one of my favorites and also my PRISM finalist.

I also have a couple books in the works that are ‘secret’ projects and are a little outside the box. But I'm very excited about them. To grow as authors, we need to challenge ourselves and take risks. Not every project is going to work or resonate with readers. I don't see any unsuccessful projects as failed attempts, only opportunities to learn and grow as a writer. At one of the RWA Conventions, author Jayne Ann Krentz said she had to switch from writing futuristic romances, taking her core story and placing it into a historical setting. All authors have a core story, she says. I think my core story is: With courage love finds a way. Read any of my contemporary, paranormal or BDSM stories and see if that’s not true. I have lots of projects planned for 2013.


I’ll keep you posted on all new books and appearances coming up in 2013. Thank you again for all your support. Your kindness is so greatly appreciated. Best wishes to all in 2013. Be good to yourself and happy reading.

All the best,

Kathy

No comments: