Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cassandra Carr's Master Class #amreading



Welcome guest author and friend Cassandra Carr with her HOT new release from Loose Id: Master Class December 11th.
http://www.loose-id.com/newest/coming-soon/master-class.html
You'll see by the interview, Cassandra has a number of hot books coming up over the next several months.
 
Title: Master Class



Blurb:

Ryan Tomasi feels like a failure. His marriage is officially over; the ink dried on the divorce decree. His friend Jack introduces him to BDSM and he agrees to attend a Halloween party at a club. A submissive approaches him, offering herself, and how can he refuse the kneeling beauty? They do a whirlwind scene and Ryan is addicted—both to dominance and to her.

Lisette Rinaldo is returning to the BDSM club for the first time since ending a bad relationship with her former master. She spots Ryan and is taken by the combination of self-assurance and nervousness the man displays as he takes in his surroundings. And after he gives her an incredible re-introduction to the lifestyle, she knows she needs to see the man again.

Ryan and Lisette explore each other and the lifestyle, but what started out as playtime quickly evolves into something more. The problem? Ryan isn’t ready to get serious again and Lisette doesn’t want to fall in love with a guy who can’t give all of himself to her. Both of them are going to have to break out of the bonds holding them back from happiness.

Excerpt:

Lisette squirmed under his scrutiny. For a self-confessed novice Dom, he had the look down, that was for damn sure. “Can I say one thing not related to our current discussion, sir?”

Both eyebrows rose. “Of course.”

“You’re really good at that whole ‘staring a sub down’ thing.”

Ryan threw back his head and laughed. “I’m a professor. That’s the same look I use with wayward students.”

“A professor, huh?”

“Yes.”

He grinned, and Lisette was sure she was going to leave a wet spot on her harem pants if he kept that up. Woo boy.

What would it be like to be bent over his knee right in his classroom as he applied his large hand or a ruler to her bared ass? Would he do it in front of the rest of the students? Would he make her stand in the corner with her spanked ass on display afterward? Her pussy flooded, and she shifted.

“Lisette.”

His tone snapped her back to reality. “I apologize, sir.”

“We might have to work on that tendency to let your attention wander.”

“Yes, sir.” She nodded quickly.

“I asked you what you needed from tonight. I don’t like repeating myself.”

“I like to be spanked, sir. I haven’t been in a while, and I need one.”

“And how hard do you like to be spanked? I’m sorry if I’m asking a lot of questions, but as I said, I’m new to this, and I don’t want to hurt you.”

Risking censure, she reached up to touch his arm before pulling away. “It’s fine. I’d rather you asked the questions than muddled along, feeling uncomfortable. As far as how hard?” She shrugged. “You can spank me to tears. Like I said, I do like some pain.” She chewed the inside of her cheek, trying to decide if she wanted to admit what she was thinking. Deciding it was better to be honest with Ryan, she asked, “Would you like me to tell you what I was thinking about a little while ago when my attention wandered, sir?”

He reached up and brushed a strand of hair away from her face. “Sure.”

The words came out in a rush. “I was imagining being in your class, and you calling me out of my chair. You make me come to the front of the class and get over your knee. You bare my ass, even though there are other students there, and then pick up a ruler and start to spank me.”

Ryan grinned. “Lucky for you, I have a ruler paddle. Bought it on kind of a lark because it looked cool.”

Taking it out of his toy bag, he showed it to her. It was long and narrow like a ruler, but with rounded edges and a handle. The wood was a dark red, just as she’d imagine a sub’s ass might be after a good dose of the wicked implement, and highly polished. She’d never been spanked with one before and couldn’t wait to see how it felt on her ass if he decided to use it tonight. The narrowness would concentrate the pain, but the length would ensure her entire bottom felt every stroke.

He indicated the public play area. “And my friend is finishing up with the spanking bench. All set?”

“Yes, sir.”

If she’d thought he did Dom well before, she was sure of it now. His entire body straightened as he rose and glared down at her. “Did you forget to bring in your completed paper again, young lady?”

“Yes, sir,” she answered, trying not to smile. She’d done some role-play in the past, but for some reason, the idea of it with Ryan fascinated her, probably because he actually was a professor. In a lot of ways, it wasn’t even role-playing for him, but if he was willing to indulge her, she could probably come up with dozens of naughty-student scenarios.

“Mind wandering again too, I see. You’ll need to be punished severely. I can’t have you disrupting class. Get up and go over to the bench.”

With a nod, she rose and walked over to where his friend and his now well-spanked and fucked submissive stood. The sub leaned heavily on her Dom, who turned to Ryan.

“You all set?”

“Yeah, we’re just going to do a simple scene.”

“I’ll be right on that same couch if you need me.” Slapping Ryan on the back, he continued. “Have fun.”

Ryan turned back to her, and she could swear he’d grown several inches since she’d first stood next to him. He pointed to the spanking bench.

“Clean it off, and then bend over the desk here. It’s about time you paid for your insolence. It’s either this or a failing grade.”

“I can’t fail, sir. I’ll take whatever punishment you feel is necessary,” Lisette said as she did his bidding and wiped down the equipment.

“Yes, you will.”

After she settled herself over the spanking bench, he buckled her in until she could only move a slight bit in each direction. Her entire soul reached out to this man, instinctively knowing, no matter how new he was, that he could give her what she needed. It had been months since she’d had a good spanking, and she’d come here tonight, hoping and praying she’d find someone compatible.

It had been a year since she’d broken things off with her last Dom. Only in the past few weeks had she felt the urge to submit to a man. Master Taz had made her so gun-shy, she hadn’t even considered coming here for months. But vanilla dating just wasn’t cutting it anymore.

She noticed he tested the cuffs on her wrists for fit. When he reached her ankles, the last of the various buckles to attend to, he asked, “Which ankle did you sprain?”

“My left, sir.”

“Do you want me to leave it uncuffed?”

“No, sir, I want to be completely immobilized.”

“As you wish.”

-Tell us a little about the book and where did you get the idea to write this story.

I wanted to write a book about a novice Dom and an experienced sub. As I started writing, it became apparent that my hero from Caught, Jack, wanted to mentor my new Dom, so I had Ryan and Jack work together. The entire idea of a Dom finding his way through the world of BDSM was fascinating to me, especially with an experienced sub.

- What’s the best and worst part of being a writer?

The best part is crafting stories about people falling in love. The worst part is…wait, there’s supposed to be a worst part?

- Who was your first author crush and why?

In erotic romance or in general? Probably Deidre Martin, who writes contemporary romances mostly about hockey players. I had no idea there were authors who wrote about sports heroes and she totally opened my mind.

- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

If you want to write a book, write a book. Don’t say you’re going to. Don’t start a million stories and never finish them. And when you do finish one, polish it about ten more times than you think you need to, THEN submit it to a publisher. As you write more and get better at writing you might not need to polish as much, but submitting too soon is one of the most common “new writer” mistakes. Then write another book. And another.

- Are you seat of the pants writer or plotter?

Total “seat of the pants” writer. I usually have a couple of paragraphs that I keep below what I’m writing with general information about plot, and I erase each part of that “outline” as I write it. I seldom know how or when the story will end, though I do have a word count in mind that I try to write to. I don’t do character sketches or anything like. Being more orderly stifles my writing.

- Have any of your titles ever been changed from your original choice?

Yes, at this point a couple of them have been for different reasons. And I get attached to titles, even though I know I shouldn’t. For instance, Master Class was originally titled “Awakening” but Loose Id had another book with a similar title. I was asked for alternative titles and with the help of one of my lovely critique partners, Annabeth Albert, we came up with Master Class. Now I think it’s a perfect title for this book!

- If you could turn any of your books into a movie which book or series would it be?

My bull riders. I think they would make an awesome TV show or a movie. I adore those guys – a bunch of hot, Alpha cowboys. YUM.

- Which actor screams SEXY to you?

Joe Manganiello. I would climb that man like my own personal Mount Everest and violate him six ways to Sunday. I’m a total sucker for a nice set of abs, plus he seems like a really nice, mellow guy. Not full of himself.

- Do you write full time or work outside of the home?

Neither. I have no evil day job (EDJ) but I only have part-time childcare, so I write whenever I can.

- How do you balance writing for more than one publisher?

It’s not easy! For instance, I’ve got releases with three different publishers over the next two months, and each one has its own house style, review policies, editorial process, etc.

- A lot of people think that genre hopping isn’t a good idea. What do you think?

I don’t genre-hop, but I do sub-genre-hop. ;-) I write all contemporary erotic romance, but within that I write BDSM, ménage, m/f, and m/m. I don’t think there’s a problem with that – it gives my reader more choices. I also write different lengths, from short-shorts to novels, for the same reason.

- Are you a morning or night person?

I do like to stay up late at night but I am able to be productive in the morning too as long as I’ve gotten enough sleep. Sometimes my daughter makes that impossible.

-Do you write a novel straight through? Or revise as you go? Plan a whole series in advance? Or does the series evolve?

I write straight through, and I write “lean” drafts. I usually add about five thousand words to a fifty thousand word novel during that first revision. I don’t plan series in advance, really, but I oftentimes know who at least my heroes are so I can introduce them in prior books. I don’t always know what their story will be, but I want readers to be at least somewhat invested in them before they read that guy’s book.

- Do you use Beta readers?

Yes! Every writer should. I actually use someone who’s a reviewer/reader more than a writer and then another writer. I get different perspectives that way. I love my beta readers!

- What’s next?


Oh gosh, what’s not? Here’s a rundown:

November 14, 2012: released Close Contact, a short antho w/Cristal Ryder and Cynthia Carr.

December 7, 2012: released Birthday Boy, an EC for Men Quickie

December 11, 2012: released Master Class, a BDSM holiday story from Loose Id

December 28, 2012: releasing Momentum (Buckin’ Bull Riders bk 3), from Ellora’s Cave

January 18, 2013: releasing Unexpected Top, a novella with femdom elements, from Ellora’s Cave as part of their Ball & Chain special submissions call

January 2013: releasing A Spanking Good Time, a he said/she said erotic piece, from Sybarite Seductions to launch their Daring line

Spring 2013: releasing See the Light, a m/m contemporary hockey erotic romance, from Loose Id

Spring 2013: releasing Velocity (Buckin’ Bull Riders bk 4), from Ellora’s Cave

Spring 2013: releasing a secret project through Ellora’s Cave

So yeah, a lot coming up!

- For fun. What is your favorite kind of chocolate or chocolate dessert? (I love chocolate covered cherries)

I love them too! I’d say chocolate fondue or lava cake. I love chocolate in general.
Cassandra also has a book coming out at Ellora's Cave: Birthday Boy on December 7th.



Cassandra's Links: Website: http://www.booksbycassandracarr.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorCassandraCarr

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Cassandra_Carr
 If you've read a Cassandra Carr book, which one is your favorite?

2 comments:

Cassandra Carr said...

Thanks for having me here today! I loved meeting you and your lovely (and brave!) husband at Romanticon. :-)

Kathy Kulig said...

You're very welcome, Cassandra. It was great meeting you at Romanticon too. And thanks, Dh loves going. He has a blast. Good luck with the new releases. They look awesome. I'm enjoying Caught now. Very Hot!