Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Release Day Today!!!

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES is out today!!! Yay!

I'm so excited about this anthology and so thrilled to be among these talented authors. I can't wait to start reading my copy on my NOOK. In the previous post you'll see the blurbs for all 6 stories. I think there's something for everyone. All awesome H-O-T, sexy, compelling and entertaining stories. If you're giving your loved one a Kindle or NOOK or iPAD this Christmas, why not download Something Wicked on their new device??? :-) I'm sure you'll get something extra special in return.

TATTOO WITCH is my story in this collection and I had a blast writing it. It takes place in Ocean City, Maryland, one of my favorite beach vacation spots so the setting was easy peasy for me. It's about a couple, Sam & Anita, while on their beach vacation, meet up with a bizarre couple at an outdoor night club. The strange couple are covered in detailed tattoos and seem to be hitting on Sam & Anita as if they're looking for a foursome. But they're raving about this tattoo witch who gives magical tattoos sure to enhance their love life and urge Sam & Anita to check it out. Sam & Anita enter the twilight zone when Sam decides to get one of these special tattoos. The story is dark and sexy and twisted.

Dh and I were in New Hope, PA last spring. While we were cruising the shops, I dragged him into The Lion's Den tattoo studio. I don't have any tattoos so I needed to do research for Tattoo Witch. I met a large, burly man, tattoo bound of course, standing behind the counter. "Can I help you?" he asked, towering over me and Dh.
"I'm...I'm a writer. And, and I'm doing research on a story about tattoos," I stuttered. "Can I ask you some technical questions about the procedures?"
He said, "Sure, come on in back."
I glance at Dh and he said. "I'll wait out here."
Gee thanks, I glared at him.
The artist was very helpful, showing me the sterile technique, instruments and inks, how they come up with the designs, the care after, etc. He turned on the instrument to show how the needle moves. After I came out, Dh thought I'd have a butterfly on my shoulder or something. Still no tattoo, but I had enough research for my story.

I hope you enjoy TATTOO WITCH. It was inspired by one of my favorite authors Ray Bradbury and his Illustrated Man. I'm sure you'll enjoy SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES.

*Please check it out on Amazon and, if you're so kind, click on the tags to check off the boxes. If you do enjoy the book a quickie comment/review always helps with author's rating and sales.

Happy Holidays!!!!

2 comments:

N.J.Walters said...

Congrats on your new release! Research can be fun sometimes. :) Now you need a tattoo. *g*

Anonymous said...

Thanks NJ. I've thought about one but I haven't decided on a design or location that I love! LOL blogger isn't letting me log in from my phone. Kathy