Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Butter Cookies!


Something Wicked This Way Comes is out in just two days! What a great Christmas present!

I'm sharing SOMETHING YUMMY today. One of my family's favorite cookie recipe. Hope you enjoy them. They’re very light and I watch carefully when I bake them. I take them out before they brown or just a tinge around the edges.

CHRISTMAS BUTTER COOKIES

1 cup (2 sticks) butter

1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

2 ½ cups all purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cream of tartar

¼ tsp salt

Cream butter. Add sugar, gradually cream until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
Beat well. Mix in dry ingredients. Blend into creamed mixture with spoon.
Divide dough and chill for about an hour.

Prepare cookies: Roll on floured surface 1/8” thick. Cut out with floured
cutters. Decorate with colored sugar. Bake about 6 minutes or less at 400
degrees F oven. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 6 doz.

No comments: