Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Romantic Suspence Author Interview with Autumn Jordon


Award winning, multi-published author Autumn Jordon is here to talk about her new book from the Wild Rose Press, 'In The Presence of Evil'. And also where she got the idea and where she did her research (a lot). I hear sales have been great on this book. Way to go! Welcome to the Passion Sense Blog, Autumn.

Thanks, Kathy for hosting me this month. Hi, everyone! 

I live in the Blue Mountains of NE PA with my hubby. We’re now empty-nesters. Yes, we pushed the five kids out and now share the quiet with our Irish Setter and a cat named Blue. 

KK- You have a new release. Tell us a little about the book.

My newest release is a romantic suspense entitled ‘In The Presence Of Evil’ .  I love the cover—don’t you?


In the story, GINA RIZZO’s Christmas holiday turns bloody. She becomes a pawn between two predators rivaling for the head of a Russian mafia family. One wants her alive. The other wants her dead.

When Gina Rizzo is framed for the murder of her boss by a mafia hit-man, her only hope to stay out of jail is to accept the help of, Cole Hanson, the man who disappeared from her life years ago, leaving her with a broken heart.



Staring death down is easier for Marine Cole Hanson than facing the woman who stole his soul and then betrayed him. However, when Cole sees Gina in handcuffs, old feelings flare and even though he doesn’t trust her with his heart, he willingly steps up as her alibi.

Gina’s life is threatened and staying alive while hunting down a murder becomes their objective. Can they learn to trust each other again? And if they do, will their rekindled love be their demise?

KK- What inspired you to write this story?

A germ of an idea came about because of an actual incident concerning a wire transfer at work. I can’t say any more.

I took that idea and played what if with it and what would I do, besides run like hell, and the first chapters of ‘In The Presence Of Evil’ were dashed off.

KK- What kind of research did you specifically do for this book?

I spoke to numerous bank managers on how their wire transfers are handled. I needed to know if I proposed in the book could actually work. I also researched Marine special forces, VA hospitals and law enforcement agencies that would be involved in the story. 

KK- How would you best describe your books?

The first word I thought of while reading this question was ‘fun’, because I enjoyed writing them. But my readers have described my novels as fast paced, thrilling, very sensual, great characters, heroines they identify with and heroes to die for.

KK- What is your favorite genre to write? To read?

I love to read anything. It just depends on my mood.  I love writing both romantic suspense and fun contemporaries.  I’ve published both.

coverpic

KK- When did you first know you wanted to be an author? What do you most like about writing? Least like?

I wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember.  I wrote my first story in grade story, was a reporter and editor for my junior high and high school paper.  After marrying, I got busy with kids and life and put the idea of writing for publication aside until the much later.

What I like the most about writing are the hours. They’re totally flexible. Some days I spent sixteen hours working and then sometimes I spend just a couple of hours writing and then I’m out the door.  I can work early morning, afternoon, evening and by the moon.  Oh, and the research.  You meet the most interesting people and learn so much while fleshing out an idea.

What I like the least is looking for the elusive perfect word. Sometimes it can take hours to get one line right.  But, you know what? That’s like finding gold, so it’s all good.

KK- Tell us a little about your path to publication. How many books have you published? How many books did you write before selling one?

My path was about average, I guess. I started writing for publication in 2000 and sold in 2009.  I’ve heard some authors say they published in less time and others it took longer to find a publisher to believe in them. The business and technology changed so much in those years, and I think because of the advances more opportunities opened for authors.  They’re still opening.

Evil’s Witness was my fourth full length novel I wrote. It was my 2009 Golden Heart entry which was a finalist and later won the 2010 Golden Leaf for ‘Best First Book.’

KK- What’s your favorite element of ‘In The Presence of Evil’?

My heroine and hero. Gina and Cole are so meant for each other.  They were each other’s first loves and then life got in their way and tore them apart. Years later, Cole comes back to town and passion’s sparks ignite all over again.  This time, when life comes at them, they fight to hold on to each other.  I just love them.  

KK- What would you like to tell my readers?

If you’d like to be the first to hear my news or join my swag team, please jump over to my website www.autumnjordon.com and join my newsletter.  You’ll find swag team details under June’s newsletter. I also hold great contests just for my newsletter members, so don’t wait. Sign up.  

KK- For fun. What is your favorite kind of chocolate or chocolate dessert?  Chocolate raisins. Love them!

Thanks for being a guest Autumn, I look forward to reading this one. Luuve the cover! If the readers want to know more about your books, they can check out your website
http://www.autumnjordon.com/ And she has an awesome blog too:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting interview.

Your book sounds intriguing. Enjoy the quiet. :)

Autumn Jordon said...

Thanks, Amber!