Sunday, August 12, 2012

What to do When it Rains in the Jungle


Rainy days while on vacation can be a bummer right? Well, no. Not if you have a little sense of adventure. Recently while visiting outside Cancun, Mexico we were hit with the beginings of a tropical storm. I didn't want to sit in the room all day or at the bar, so I checked out the excursions and decided to head into the jungle with Dh. We went to Selvatica. http://www.selvatica.com.mx/ Very cool place and great people. I was very impressed by their professionalism and safety conscious attitude and enthusiam. Never saw people so LOVE their jobs.



Ziplining in the jungle was exciting and fun. In the rain, it was even more of an adventure, because at times I couldn't see the end of the line and had to go by the guide's commands for when to brake. To get into the jungle to start the series of 12 ziplines, we rode in by army truck. Nothing around for miles.

After the ziplines, we headed to another area for ATVing in the mud. When they handed me goggles, I knew it was going to be messy. Getting dirty was the best fun. I got covered in mud.



Next stop was a zipline jump into a cenote, a natural spring. I did wear my bathing suit under shorts and a top. But since I was caked in mud, I jumped in all-weather shoes and all.


Came back to the hotel resort soaked and muddy and got a few strange looks from the guests who'd been sitting around the bars all day. Not us, we had a blast.

 #

Exciting week coming up: Damned and Defiant will be released on August 15th. Yay! And Thursday I'll be leaving for New York City for a 3-day BDSM Workshop for Writers with Dr. Charley Ferrer. I may have some more exciting news about that trip. I'll let you know when I hear more. If not, I'll be sure to post about our visit to Paddles the longest running BDSM club in the U.S.




No comments: