Monday, February 15, 2010

Guest Blogger Author Autumn Jordon

I’d like to welcome Golden Heart finalist, Autumn Jordon, as a guest blogger today. She’s going to talk about her new release OBSESSED BY WILDFIRE by The Wild Rose Press. It was released on January 27, 2010. Autumn please tell us more about yourself. I really do hate this question, because I don’t like talking about myself. Simply, I’m a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, friend, employee and an author.






Tell us more about OBSESSED BY WILDFIRE. I loved writing Obsessed By Wildfire. It’s a light read, fun with just a tinge of suspense. My publisher has rated it HOT because of the love scene between Isobel and Warner, the heroine and hero. They’re a fun couple.

Here’s a blurb:
Isabelle Trinidad is her own woman. She vows no man will rope her into the humdrum life of a housewife and take away her dreams of becoming the National Barrel Champion like her father had done to her mother. Her mind is set, until a handsome Yankee comes to town and upsets everything she has believed.



Arson brings State Fire Marshal Warner Keyson to Wayback, but a wildfire of a woman stops him in his tracks. Intrigued by Issy’s fire, he contrives ways to keep her close while conducting his investigation. What they create, which neither of them bargained for, is the blaze of a lifetime.

Did you have to do any special research for this book? Actually, I did. Isobel is a barrel racer. I have some experience barrel racing myself, but not at Issy’s level. I contacted several female champion barrel racers and they were wonderful in answering my questions and revealing their experiences while racing.


What genre(s) to you write? I’m an author who is torn between writing romantic suspense and romantic comedies. OBSESSED BY WILDFIRE I’d classify as romantic comedy. I have another novel, a romantic suspense titled EVIL’S WITNESS scheduled for release on June 18, 2010 also from The Wild Rose Press. EVIL’S WITNESS is my Golden Heart entry.

What is your advice for aspiring writers? Determination is the key. Definitely determination is a needed element for success. You can have all the talent in the galaxy, but without drive your chances for success dwindle. I also think setting small realistic goals , studying the craft and writing every single day are necessary for achievement.

*See more interview questions on Wednesday at the Dangerzone Authors http://www.dangerzoneauthors.com/ including what it was like for Autumn to final in the Golden Heart Contest.

SNEAK PEEK EXCERPT FOR EVIL'S WITNESS:


John peered through the tilted mini-blinds into the lieutenant’s office. He studied the woman inside who sat on a couch, sandwiched between two kids.

A mental checklist ticked off in John’s mind. She was small, maybe a hundred twenty-five pounds. Her arms and legs were scratched and bruised. If he had to guess, he’d say she was about five-six. A few light brown strands had pulled free from her pony tail and framed her tan face. The way she held her head, watching her children sleep, he couldn’t tell the color of her eyes.


Suddenly the little girl woke and scrambled into her mother’s lap.

Mesmerized, John watched the woman Zohara identified as Stephanie Boyd cradle her daughter, smoothing her hair and whispering into her ear—just like Julie had done with Katie.

Fury as familiar as the air he breathed flickered fresh in John and he fingered the rubber band he’d worn on his little finger for the past two years.

He punched the anger away.

He couldn’t deal with his demons now.

“They watched their father murdered,” Zohara said, pulling John back to the conversation.



How can readers find out more about you?
My website, http://www.autumnjordon.com/ ,
http://www.facebook.com as Autumn Jordon
http://www.myspace.com/autumnjordon
http://twitter.com/ as AJordon
Thanks so much Autumn for visiting me at my Passion Sense Blog. Good Luck with your current and upcoming releases!

No comments: